Saturday, August 31, 2013

Opportunities to grow

“By looking at your life as a grand adventure, you know that these lessons offer opportunities to grow...Acknowledgment and empowerment in this initiation can come to you in the form of a joyful embrace with a fresh start, a new tool, a skill, or a creative surge, or in any number of ways. Celebrate these gifts in your heart. When you do, they will naturally be recirculated to others. And you, in turn, will find renewed energy, purpose, and commitment to fully living your adventure".

My Transformed Travel: From Backpacker to Teacher

I never hesitated on taking the teaching position in Puerto Cortez, Honduras because it was my chance to settle down from my travels and give a shot at a new more professional experience. But, my first two days were met with culture shock as my perceived status quo of freedom felt jeopardized. All I could think between moving in to my home, meeting my compañeros, decorating my classroom and getting acquainted with the surrounding city and towns was “what the f*** was I thinking?!”

Two weeks later - Teaching a second language to rambunctious kids is not an easy task, however, I find these next 10 months to be a challenge that we will conquer…by learning together.










My House





Mi hamaca y mi bicicleta

No comments:

Post a Comment